Saturday, October 18, 2008

Al Jabal Al Akhtar

Last weekend i went to Al Jabal Al Akhter (The Green Mountain) for was my 1st time and i really enjoyed it... It took us 1 and a half hours from Muscat to Nizwa. The weather was pretty amazing, it went down from 35 degrees in Muscat to 18 degrees on top of the mountain. Ironically the Mountain was Filled with ROCKS! nothing but ROCKS unlike its name which gives you the impression that its all Green lol. I have to admit that the weather experiance its really wonderful speacially that Oman is known for the Hot weather all year lol.
oh one more thing the mountain is famous for Pomegranate farms.

The following are the pics of my Road Trip to Jabal Al Akhther... Enjoy!






2 comments:

Amjad said...

Al Jabal Al-Akdhar looks really beautiful. Sadly I never got to visit it even though I'm in Oman all my life. I've been to Jabal Shams though, but from the pictures Al-Jabal Al-Akdhar looks more beautiful.

Dolly said...

I wanna vist Jabal Shams one day inshallah... Uhhh maybe when your back to Oman you can pay Jabal al Akhther a visit its only an hour and a half away from muscat ;) but you will need a 4WD lol normal cars are ofcourse not allowed to enter the mountain...